Here we are, in the heart of Autumn. Snuggled up in cozy sweaters and earthy tones as we gear up for more chilly days ahead. But what about the impact of our fashion on the environment? Let’s talk about how we can spice up our fall wardrobe while caring for Mother Earth.
Fabrics to Look Out For
When it comes to sustainable fashion, it all starts with fabrics. Here are some of the sustainable materials we swear by at Vustra:
- Organic Cotton: Soft, comfortable, and perfect for everyday wear.
- Organic Linen: Breathable and cool, it’s a staple for fall fashion.
- Hemp: A durable fabric that grows with minimal water, making it super eco-friendly!
- Alpaca wool: Known for its thermal properties, softness, and quick-drying attributes, and lower environmental impact of alpacas compared to other wool-producing animals.
Trends To Get In Step With
· Classic and Timeless Pieces
The charm of a well-tailored suit, a crisp white shirt, or a versatile pair of denim can never fade. Opting for timeless classics reduces the relentless demand for new attire, cutting down on wasteful production and consumption. You buy less and save more in the long run, all while staying stylish.
· Upcycling and DIY
With a bit of imagination and some DIY skills, old and outdated garments can transform into pieces that resonate with fashionable trends. A pair of scissors, some thread, and a needle can do wonders, turning a neglected dress shirt into a stylish mandarin collar shirt or a quirky short-sleeve number.
This approach fuels your creativity and gives you a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. You’ll be the creator of your unique style, and the stories behind each piece make them all the more special. And the environmental footprint? Significantly reduced, as upcycling extends the life of your clothes, diverting them from landfills and reducing the need for new resources.
· Vintage Shopping
For those who love a bit of adventure and a dash of uniqueness in their wardrobe, vintage shopping is the way to go. Navigating through racks of pre-loved items feels like a treasure hunt. Every vintage piece comes with its history, its charm, and its distinctive style, allowing you to stand out with a look that’s uniquely yours.
· Accessorize the Green Way
Accessories are the finishing touches that can transform your Fall outfit – and you can use them to make your style not just chic but also eco-conscious.
- Recycled Leather Belts: For gents, a belt is a necessity, and going for a recycled leather belt is a testament to rugged elegance and lasting style.
- Bamboo Sunglasses: They are not only lightweight and durable but also inherently stylish. It’s seeing the world through a sustainable lens, quite literally!
- Organic Cotton Scarves: Don’t underestimate the versatility of a good scarf. One that is is soft, breathable, and perfect to add that extra layer of sophistication to your look.
- Eco-Friendly Watches: Timekeeping can be sustainable too, from solar-powered watches, those made primarily from reclaimed or sustainably sourced wood, or cases developed from biodegradable corn resin. It’s time to wear your values on your wrist.
- Biodegradable Phone Cases: Your phone is an extension of you. Such a case gives you a subtle nod to sustainability every time you pick up your phone.
- Reclaimed Metal Cufflinks Every gentleman knows the value of a pair of sophisticated cufflinks. Going for those made from reclaimed metals adds a touch of responsible luxury to your ensemble. It’s the details that define you.
- Upcycled Wallets: These are made from materials like tire tubes or billboards as a daily reminder of your commitment to sustainability.
- Sustainable Backpacks and Bags: Whether it’s for work or a weekend getaway, a sustainable bag combines functionality with responsibility. That way you can pack your essentials along with your eco-consciousness.
Brands Leading the Way
Of course, going the sustainable route also means being more picky with the brands that manufacture your favorite clothing choices. Vustra, along with our fantastic partners, is committed to sustainable, ethical fashion. Some of our partners in this journey include:
- Raymond (India): Specializes in organic fiber, certified by GOTS.
- Gulsen: Women-owned and operated enterprise focusing on fair trade production.
- Bez Tekstil: Known for high-quality production, and has GOTS and OEKO-TEX certification
- T Tantos Textil: Focuses on developing sustainability in the industry’s supply chains, certified by GOTS, Organic Content Standard (OCS), and Control Union.
We also strive to reduce plastic in our packaging, and we ensure our products contain at least 95% organic fiber, free of harmful chemicals. Check out our collection of sustainable shirts and shackets and look sharp while caring for the planet!
Where Green is the New Black
Fall is more than just a change in weather; it’s an opportunity to revamp your wardrobe. By choosing sustainable fabrics and accessories, as well as investing in timeless pieces, we can look good and feel good about our fashion choices. Explore our online store for more organic and linen shirts for the season. Enjoy 15% off on your first purchase!